1) Am currently watching Peter Cushing in Space 1999. He is in silver paint and a daft hat and yet still looks tots dignified.
2) My ankle. OH MY BLOODY ANKLE (disclamer: not actually covered in blood). I really don't see why eight-ish hours of not walking on it shouldn't fix it. Which it has had every day for like a week. I'm hobbling
ffs. It's ridiculous. I can't see it as a Proper Injury so I feel a bit like Oh Look How Injured I Am Poor Wee Me with all the hobbling. But it hurts darnit. (And at one point I managed to convince myself I was tots making up that it was really hurting so tried running and, um, yes, that was stupid and there was falling. Common sense: not one of my stronger qualities. Ahem.)
3) Hobbling aside, it's the Not Being Able To Run just after I was actually managing to do it regularly that's really frustrating. Boo.
4) Have you voted in Home Team 2009 Matches
? Contrary to much of me flist, I found it Ridic Easy to vote for all of them, save one. Scully vs Cuddy. I mean, it's Scully, obv, but I haven't watch X-Files regularly for ages and voting against Cuddy just seemed strange and wrong and there were Whole Seconds of Indecision there.
5) Mostly I'm appalled that CJ's currently losing to Bones and Wendy Watson's not winning hers. LOVE WENDY MOAR FANDOM.
6) If you haven't read rawles
's essay, about the importance of Uhura and Spock's relationship in STXI and representation of black women in the media, Uhura Is Not A White Girl
, then you should go do that now.
7) Fic rec: selenak
's Clean-Up Operations
- Johnson and Alice post-COE. Characterlicious like yummy yummy pie.
8) I was quite "okay, that's nice" about new Four audio stuff. But seeing this
is definitely causing Teh Squee. I think it's the pic at the bottom. HELLO TOM BAKER!